Creamy Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup

I'm Finally able to participate in Mel's 5 Point Friday. So excited that I can finally get around to be apart of it.


I've told several of you about this Chicken Noodle Soup that is to Die For. Its so yummy & filling on a cold day.

Prep Time: 3 Minutes
Cook Time 12 Minutes


Use leftover chicken or partial bags of frozen veggies. If you don't have chopped cooked chicken on hand,use 4 (6 oz.) packages oven roasted chicken breast,4 cups chopped rotisserie chicken from your deli or 4 cups of frozen cubed chicken (which is what I mainly use) Thaw spinach in microwave. (I usually don't do this I just cut how much I want and put into my already bowling pot)

4 (14-Oz.) cans of Fat Free,Low-Sodium chicken broth
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans of condensed Reduced-Fat,reduced Sodium cream of chicken soup,undiluted
4 Cups chopped cooked Chicken
1 Cup Frozen Peas & Carrots
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach,thawed,drained, & squeezed dry. ( I also don't add all of this I think a little goes a long way add to your liking)
4 oz. uncooked wide or dumpling egg noodles(want healthier try finding whole wheat egg noddles)

1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a pot,bring to a boil. Stir in Spinach and noodles;cook 5-7 minutes or till noodles are tender. Ladle,into individual bowls.

Yeild:12 Servings
Serving Size 1 Cup


Points Value:3
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch,2 V-L Meat
Per Serving Calories:156 (18% from Fat);Fat 3.2 g (sat 1.1g);Protein 17.8g;Carbs14.1g;Fiber 1.6g;Cholesterol48mg;Iron 1.6mg;Sodium 622 mg;Calc 48mg

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Testing to see if I can leave comments

Jessica R. said...

Oh! I love that soup. Now I'm craving some creamy chicken-y goodness for dinner!